Tuesday, February 12, 2008

World Vision...

Wow. Honestly, although the experience was unique, I definitely got more out of volunteering and spending time with the staff.  World Vision made a good choice of ambassadors.

Last night (Monday 2/11) was the last chance for Fresnans to go through the exhibit after which tear down started (around 8 p.m.).  It was going pretty well until 9:30 or so, when the majority of the volunteers took off. After a couple of phone calls, Target Neighborhood from The Well and members from Northwest showed up.  It ended up being one of their quickest tear-downs :-)

Jennifer, Chris, Dan and Jonathan from World Vision did a great job helping people (including myself) become more aware of the ongoing problem in Africa; and I wish them safe travels as the tour continues ...and stay in touch!

1 comment:

Ange said...

I'm assuming you're talking about the World Vision AIDS experience? Yes, I volunteered as well when they came to our church. Their staff is incredible, and def opened my eyes to the AIDS pandemic affecting millions of people!